Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Watch Out World...Big Things Are Happening!!!


am·bas·sa·dor
a person who acts as a representative or promoter of a specified activity
Synonyms: Campaigner, representative, promoter, champion, supporter, backer, booster


There are time in life that the efforts that you make, the work that you put in, the positive attitude no matter how much you wanna die that everything starts panning out!!  I can't even begin to tell you guys how excited I am to announce that I am an offical ambassador for the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Half Marathon from Alaska Airlines!!!!!

This announcement and appointment comes with a lot of emotion backing it! Let me explain a little bit more...I have never been the leader of the pack when it comes to running - I've always been a "I'll see you when I get there and you are already rested" runner but I'm okay with that! I'm breaking down walls, I'm doing things I never thought I'd be able to do and I'm bettering myself with every step I take...but it doesn't come easy {and no that isn't because I just love to eat chocolate cake and cookies in bed...but that sure doesn't help either but it is SOOOOOOOOO gooooooood!!!} but because chaning yourself, your habbits and running 13-point-freaking-1 miles isn't easy no matter who you are!!!

I am Meg. I am chubby.  I am not fast...but I can run the most miserable half marathons out there thinking I was going to die and finish with a smile on my face and planning my next one before I've even gotten my bottle of water - but after I get my medal because let's face it...BLIIIIIING!

I have four mottos that I live by when it comes to running and I can't wait to bring my excitement for everything out to the pavement of my hometown {Seattle} which will be a comeback race for me since last year during this exact race I had to medical out because my knee gave in {and not going to lie I shouldn't have attempted to do six half marathons in six weeks...well my first six half marathons ever in six weeks! ...Again with my good ideas hahahaha} and I thought better to tap out than to really hurt myself.  But here is what every runner should remember:

1. It's not about finish times, it's about finish lines
2. Listen to music, sing out loud, dance while you move and live it up
3. Talk to everyone who is around you...you never know when your words will mean the world to someone and make a difference in their race
4. Run when you can, walk when you half to and crawl if you must!

I can't wait to see what the next month brings me, I'm excited to work with the Rock 'n' Roll association, Alaska Airlines and all the other ambassadors!!!

Meg
Half Fanatic #12033


No comments:

Post a Comment